Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Miles for Meals
See Jane Run announces Miles for Meals, a great way to make the miles you already run help make a difference in your community. Our program will help you keep your exercise commitment to yourself during the holiday season while collecting money and food donations for those in need at the time they need it most. 100% of the donations collected benefit local battered women's and children's shelters. Register now! Here's how:
- Sign up below, including your commitment of how many miles you will run from December 1-15.
- Ask your friends and family sponsors to pledge $1 or 1 food item off our Wish List for each mile you run during the program
- Attend our Miles for Meals Kickoff event in your local See Jane Run store on December 1
- Update your mile log in our store or at home as frequently as possible throughout the program
- Toast your success at our Miles for Meals Celebration store event on December 15!
See Jane Run cares about your health and wants to help you remain active throughout the holiday season. We also care very much about helping women and children in need, and we know that you do too. 100% of the money and food donated to Miles for Meals with go directly to local shelters who provide safety and essential services to women and children who are victims of domestic abuse.
- San Francisco/Oakland - La Casa de las Madres: La Casa was California's first shelter dedicated to women and children escaping domestic violence and is located in San Francisco's Mission District. It offers an essential safety net for local women, teens, and children: a refuge, an advocate, a strong voice against domestic violence.
- Danville - Shepherd's Gate: Shepherd's Gate has helped more than 10,000 battered women and children over the past thirty years in Livermore. It provides a safe haven for women and their children who are homeless because of abusive relationships, addictions, loss of financial support, and other factors.
- Boise -Women's and Children's Alliance: The Boise Women's and Children's Alliance works to foster a community where individuals thrive in safe, healthy relationships. It provides safety, healing, and freedom to women and children who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
schedule of events
Each See Jane Run store will host a series of sponsored runs throughout the course of the program to help keep you on schedule and connect you with other Janes in the program. The runs are free, leave from and return to the store, and are suited for both casual and serious runners. You will be sent details about the runs after you register.
- Sat 12/1 Kickoff Run 10:30 a.m. all stores
- Sat 12/1 Kickoff Party 12:00 pm at all stores: Post a participation card with your commitment and motivation and toast the event with complimentary champagne, plus lots of special surprises in store. Don't miss it!
- Sat 12/15 Celebration events: Celebrate your success with your fellow Janes, post your final miles and donation total, and enjoy a toasty mug of hot chocolate.
Sponsor or just support the event: What we need YOU to do!
- Get the word out to your community: Email your customers, friends, colleagues or promote on Facebook or twitter.
- Organize and lead program runs from our store: We are looking for partners to help us lead runs from our stores. Contact the store managers to arrange a date and time for your run. See contact information below. Runs will be promoted in an email to participants.
- Sponsor the event: We are looking for corporate and individual partners to sponsor our runners by matching their contributions or in any others ways that are appropriate.
- Raffle participation: Donate a product or service for our fundraising raffle at the Dec 15 celebration.
- Join us at our Kickoff Event on Saturday, December 1. This is the day we will officially launch the full program in our stores. All participants who have previously registered for the program will receive an email inviting them to the store this day. Each participant can complete and post a participation card and toast the event with champagne. Between 12-1, we will have a guest from each respective store's benefitting charity on hand to say a few words and answer questions, and we will have a free drawing for merchandise and a race entry during that time.
- Join us for a Celebration Event on Saturday, December 15. The program culminates on this day! Participants will be invited into the store to post their final miles and donations totals and enjoy a toasty hot chocolate. Representatives from the benefitting charities will again be on hand from 12-1, and we will add some more interesting and fun elements to make it a great time!
For more information please contact the following people.
Sponsorship: Rob Beuther, email@example.com 415-367-3942
San Francisco: Kristen@seejanerun.com
See Jane Run
See Jane Run is a women’s running and fitness retailer based in San Francisco. We also hold our own in store events and Race Series, better known as “I Run for Chocolate and Champagne Half Marathon & 5k”. Our goal is to empower women of all athletic abilities, shapes, sizes, and backgrounds to live a healthy and full life.